template613

Friday, June 13, 2014

Welcome to The Cottage By The Woods

Welcome to our Cottage By The Woods!

From August 2005 until March 2014 we lived aboard our lovely 36 foot sailboat on the Gulf Coast of Alabama. 
In February of 2014 we purchased our little piece of heaven in rural Tennessee on 5 acres of wooded property. 
To say that life is different here in Tennessee is an understatement. We are more relaxed and enjoying our day to day life. 
I work fulltime for a Southern grocery chain as an Health and Beauty Aids Clerk and although the hours are long and the work is hard I enjoy the job. 
My Honey works at home tutoring students from Kindergarten through College and beyond. He is a born teacher and enjoys his work as well. 
We have 5 children between us. I have 3 amazing sons who have become amazing young men and I could not be prouder a Mom than I am. Honey has 2 daughters who I very much consider daughters of the heart. They are amazing young women and we are both proud of them and their accomplishments. 
And on top of these 2 legged children we also have 4 four legged children. Tiki is our beloved and old Maltese, Scarlet is our rambunctious yet sweet Morkie (she is a cross between a maltese and a yorkie), we also have 2 rescued cats who were just days old when we rescued them, Maddie and Zoe. They happen to be sisters that we rescued after Hurricane Katrina when we found them in the bushes. Their mother had been killed in the storm.
I started this blog to journal this new chapter in our lives, a story of sorts, a record of one chapter in  this book of life. 
So get yourself a cup of something that makes you happy and enjoy our adventures to come...............

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck in your new adventure..Alabama sure misses you.Your home is lovely and enjoy seeing your new ideas and hearing your stories..Truly missed..your friend ,Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be able to keep you close to me by being able to read your blog. I so miss you smile and your hugs.....your Louie

    ReplyDelete