template613

Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Tisket a Tasket There are Biscuits in a Basket............

Happy Sunday to you all!

For the first time in my entire 40 something years I attempted to make biscuits from scratch.......If I do say so myself, they come out pretty dang yummy!

My Mom always made biscuits but she never taught me how to make biscuits. Wish she had because they were always wonderful. She would serve them warm with butter and jelly if she had made them for a snack or she would use them as the cake part of Strawberry Shortcake but no matter the occasion they were always delicious.

The recipe I used is titled 7up Biscuits and I will share it below.

                                                           
7 Up Biscuits

Ingredients:

4 cups all purpose baking mix 
1 cup regular sour cream 
1 cup 7 up 
1/2 cup melted butter



Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt the butter and pour into the bottom of a large cookie sheet or 9X13 pan. ( I had to use 2 9X13 pans)
Mix the baking mix, sour cream, and 7 up together. Sprinkle some baking mix on your counter top or other work space. The mixture will be very wet and sticky but that is normal. Turn your sticky wet mixture out onto your work space and knead and fold it until you are able to pat out your dough. It takes some time to get to this stage but worth the work. 
Pat out your dough and cut your biscuits with a biscuit cutter. 
( I have this really neat wooden one I just love) 


After you have cut your biscuits put them in your baking pan on top of the melted butter. 


Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Take out and admire your beautiful golden brown homemade biscuits! 

Serve them warm with butter and (blackberry) jam and enjoy your creation. Don't forget to share! 

Have a blessed day and a blessed new week. 


2 comments: